Monday, August 10, 2009

Photo Finish Picture of World 10K

The photo finish picture used in the passes (left) and the original picture which was taken by me at the first edition of the Sunfeast World 10k marathon (right).

It was a pleasant surprise for me during the second edition of the Sunfeast World 10K marathon organized by the procam international in the month of May 2009.
When my team members had applied for the media pass I was very pleased to see the picture taken by me in the previous edition of the women 10k marathon finish on the pass cover which elated me as a photojournalist. The next day I noticed that all the passes for the world 10k had the picture of this photo finish race where Elvan Abeylegesse and Grace Momanyi of Kenya ran neck to neck till touching the finish line. Since their was no photo finish camera’s in place the two judges took a close look at the picture which I had taken and came to a conclusion of awarding both the runners the first prize. One of the judges even told me later at the finish after he had, had a look at all the photographers finish picture that I had the best image to say that the two runners necks were seen together pushing at the same time at the finish line. I take this opportunity to thank the Procam International and Sunfeast team members for giving me this mammoth outreach.

No comments: