Monday, February 2, 2009

Fast Fingers -Zakir Hussain

This picture was carried in the Dainik Bhaskar group's - Bhopal, Indore along with other 40 editions across the North India. Divya Bhaskar edition also carried the image. It so happened that I was anchoring the RNA- wing of the Dainik Bhaskar after taking my VRS from the Hindustan Times and since Abhilash Khandekar - The Bhopal Editor, who knew me from the HT days asked me to cover the event. I obliged and enjoyed an evening with the ustad in one of his good mood. Since he was also going to stay overnight in Bhopal I quickly went and got an print made so that the next morning I could get it autographed.

Zakir was in Bhopal to Perform in an Charity event organized by the Gundecha brothers who wanted to get some money together for their dream academy 'Dhrupad Gurukul', on the outskirts of Bhopal. Since I knew the Gundecha brothers who are very close to Abhilash Khandekar had arranged an breakfast meeting with the maestro.

2 comments:

Cleaning said...

way to go buddy.. looking forward to more such stuff from youmim

Unknown said...

Interesting. Made an interesting read. Do rectify the spelling mistakes.