Saturday, February 28, 2009

Unforgettable Assignment

On the eve of my son's birth I was busy covering the wedding of Bollywood actor's Ashutosh Rana and Renuka Shahne at Damoh in Madhya Pradesh during my stint with the Hindustan Times in Bhopal. I was asked to go for the wedding as no reporter's were free. The RE me to file the story too. Since my wife was expecting our only child, and I was living as an temporary bachelor I agreed and left in an office car to Damoh. The next morning I attended the wedding from the room to the temple and back to the ashram of Ashutosh's religious guru. The third morning (26th May, 2001) when I reached Bhopal and called my in-laws, I was told my in-law that we were blessed with a boy.So the wedding of Ashutosh and Renuka will never be etched out of my memory.

Ashutosh, Reunka tie nuptial knot


Cine stars Ashutosh Rana and Renuka Shahne tied the nuptial knot on May 25th, 2001. at the famous Jageshwar Nath Shiva temple at Bandakpur in Damoh district. The marriage was solemnized by Ashutosh's religious guru Dev Prabakar Shastri in the presence of family members and close friends. Around 10,000 people had thronged the temple even before the bride and groom could reach there. Later, the couple went to the ashram of Dev Prabhkar Shastri to seek his blessings. The marriage ceremony was attended by State Minister Ratnesh Solomon, Raja Pateria, former MP Rameshwar Nikhra and Rajpal Yadav.
Stone -Throwing: Irate over the killing of a local youth in a road mishap involving a vehicle carrying people for Ashutosh Rana's marriage, some unidentified persons hurled stones at the motorcade of the film star. Prior to this, the mob also set ablaze a bus, which had struck the motorcycle –borne youth, killing him on the spot.

Ashutosh Rana and Renuka perform the puja during their wedding ceremony at Jageshwar Shiva Temple in Damoh on Friday.

No comments: