Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Multiple Exposures

After practicing for more than 6 months of creating multiple exposures with my F-100 Nikon camera body in Bhopal during my stint with the Hindustan Times, I was able to shoot these frames which were liked by all in the HT news room. All the images found themselves to the front page of the HT- Bhopal editions.
During my practice days I must have used more than 30 films of 35 mm. Once I had mastered the art, I went on to shoot all the three of my best multiple images in one week of time from the 9th to the 16th of September, 2000.

Double Exposure - Maria Kiran of France performing at the Bharathnatyam at Bharath Bhawan on the first day of the week long Music and dance festival on the 9th September, 2000.

Triple Move: Dipanivta Singh Rai of Kolkatta performs the Kathak on the closing day of the week long Music and dance festival at the Bharath Bhawan in Bhopal on 12th September, 2000.

Water,Water everywhere: An dried up tree shown in the water of the Lower lake of Bhopal on 15th September, 2000. Even as the city is proud owner to more than 40 lakes the taps have been running dry for the past several months causing great hardships for the residents.

No comments: